10.16.2008

Processing Hurt and Anger!

Social Justice?

I'm not an immigrant, just a part of the community
Why not treat me as your neighbor - the one you love as yourself.

See, I can throw out verses too.
It hurts - doesn't it.
Those verses were not meant to be used as a weapon
to make war against those you love.
Or even those you only say you love

What if you hurt instead of lash out in rage?
What if you spent that energy on pouring out grace?
What if you were honest instead of hiding behind attack?

Poverty is easy to talk about, as you're "helping the poor"not living with them.
Dealing with the gaps in their education
and not casting stones.
Living in the ghetto not because you want to help but because you simply love.

Do you like making them feel stupid, showing all the things you know?
Are you the great hope?
Because you know so much and are so responsible does that make me lesser?
That's how it feels when you give in to conjecture

Don't give me that shit about let your yes be yes.
I know you're also looking out for yourself,
do you think no one can see you?

Your not that needy to ask for help, oh really
cause you just got finished telling me
how much I am hurting your family...

Gone on, be all about social justice
Outside of your community,
where it doesn't cost you anything.

No, in time, it will cost you something.

Writing this poem helped me sort out what I was feeling. I love it when creativity can be used as an vehicle for processing pain. I was so angry and I am angry still. The difference is that now my anger is muted by the hurt I feel. Now I am at a place where God, in his timing, will bring grace and healing to my soul. I hope that others can process the pain I have caused as well, and that somehow beauty will come out of all of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home