9.28.2008

A week, or something like that in pictures!

Well, finally I have access to a computer with the ability to download a few pictures. This week has been great. I have had some fabulous dreams that have made sleep really restful for me. A couple of the dreams have been healing. Thanks for the prayer. I have enjoyed moments alone, time with old friends and new ones.


Here are some pictures of the room I have been living in. I will be moving upstairs into my apartment on October 1st. Actually my new bedroom is not much different. It is a little wider, and I am thankful for that!




That TV doesn't work, and without a computer I feel shut out from the rest of the world. However, do not fear, I was able to get a people magazine and now all is well :).





That is my lovely bed and the fan that I am run constantly. If i don't have it on, I can hear the person next door and they can hear me.

I bought some new bedding so it feels more like home now. I didn't bring a pillow, so if you look closely you can see my coat wrapped inside a couple of towels. That worked for a little while, but then I had to find a Target and get a pillow. I finally found target and it was huge. i was so overwhelmed. It had two floors, and you cook take your cart to the second floor via the escalator. It had dual sides, one for people and one for carts. Pretty cool, I know.




There we are. J-ness and I outside of the brownstone where my apartment is located. I love the stoop. Janessa and I sat there waiting for Matt (who'll be pictured in my next post) to take us to Starbucks and church.




So off we went for good conversation and a cool church experience. The village church is great. I enjoyed the sermon and the liturgical part of the service. I hate the experience of going to a new church where everyone knows you are new. So, that part was not great. Also, it is a little too formal for my taste. I like to show up in jeans and a t-shirt and this was not that kind of place.
You can check it out here.


So, I am off to find a church where i feel like i belong. I was considering not finding a church and thinking that community would be like a house church. That is not realistic at this point. However, I hope for the day when it functions as a house church.

There is so much still left to share. Next time i hope to show you pictures from the Governor's Island MP3 experience. You can check it out here. I had a great time doing something so random!

Ok friends, that is it for now. I miss Manhappenin' and love you all.

1 Comments:

At 9/29/2008 08:28:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

hey dav- i went to a church called Graffitti baptist in manhattan. it's in alphabet city and pretty raw...i loved it...a smaller community and lots of ways to get involved...just remembered how much i loved that little church---brooke

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home