9.04.2008

On Coffee

Today I had a really great cup of coffee. It was the perfect boldness with a nutty flavor. That is probably because I put some hazelnut creamer in it. As I drank it, the smoothness literally made me smile. Ah the coffee bean.
I have been drinking coffee since the fourth grade. When I was at my grandma Mary’s house I wanted to be like her and she had coffee every morning with her biscuits, cheese and eggs, bacon, and grits. So I had that as well.
Coffee never tasted bitter to me. I guess this is because I always had plenty of milk and sugar. Now when I was little it didn’t matter what kind of quality the coffee was, I would drink anything.
However, I have become quite the coffee snob. Those name brand coffees that you buy at the supermarket no longer do it for me. In fact, I have to have the good stuff or I won’t drink it.
You’d think the way I am about coffee would filter over to different parts of my life. It doesn’t. I still shop at Wal-Mart and Target for clothes, shoes, and groceries. Just not my coffee.

2 Comments:

At 9/04/2008 09:04:00 PM , Blogger R.W. Shipshape said...

Children drinking coffee is such a sweet picture...kind of like little kids doing other adult activities, like reading an oversized newspaper or something.

 
At 9/18/2008 08:51:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love this fellow coffee snob... are you also a foodie?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home