9.06.2008

On Freedom

Here is a poem I wrote as I was thinking of freedom. There is such a desire to be free and yet at the same time we live in this world that is neither heaven nor the Garden of Eden, the ultimate places of freedom. My attempt at describing longing and reality falls short of the battle that rages on inside of me.

Can I be free

even while bound
Can i transcend chains
even when I'm living on the ground

oh, can i be free
Free, free, what is freedom anyway

in whispers of children laughing
in tastes from hearts that love
yet to hold, elusive freedom remains

Can i be free
pretending the past has no hold
Can i look back yet still move forward on the road

oh, can I be free

War rages, lives are lost, for a freedom we don't understand.
War rages, in my soul, longing to be whole

So I'm reaching, we're all reaching, reaching for free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home