3.08.2006

Creativity

So, when I was growing up my sister was the creative one. She is a talented artist and poet! Check out her blog for some great lines. Anyway, I kind of stuffed the creative part of me to make life work. I thought I to needed to "be" something else in order to have my own place in the world.

I know that this is not true but I just didn't feel good at it, creative expression that is. Well, within the last few years my definition of what an artist is has drastically changed.

In the last year creativity has been a huge vehicle of expression for me. Sometimes I can't even identify what I am feeling, but when the pen is in my hand the depths of what I am feeling become clearer to me, and there is a release when I am done. Anyway, have a look at some of the pieces. Most of them are from some really dark times in my life, but they also speak of hope. I am not ready for deep detailed descriptions of each piece so enjoy and if you want some explanations at some point just ask.

Worship













Soul












Hopeful

9 Comments:

At 3/08/2006 09:42:00 PM , Blogger Jenni said...

Thanks for taking the risk to post these pieces of art. I think they are a wonderful expression of the perspective and talent God has given you. Truly beautiful!

 
At 3/09/2006 09:06:00 AM , Blogger Athena+ said...

Thanks Joy! I appreciate the encouragement.

 
At 3/09/2006 03:04:00 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Amazing! I love your heart and your artistic expression.
Thanks for sharing. :)

 
At 3/15/2006 01:27:00 AM , Blogger Curt Hampton said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/15/2006 01:40:00 AM , Blogger Curt Hampton said...

I want to say "way to go" also on taking a risk. It ain't easy to put our stuff out there to let people in on our personal expressions. Maybe I'll think about opening up a bit since I've seen your courage. All the people who post on your blog are so stinkin encouraging, it's so great. I must join in with them and say that I really enjoy that you not only plop some pictures up on the web for us to see, but also allow us to see your heart behind it. As I'm relating with people here in Asia who have very little to no idea how to express themselves I'm challenged to think about my own insecurities in being expressive. Now to see you becoming more and more willing to be open and frank, I'm challenged just a little more. Xie xie peng you, wo hen gao xin ni bang wo.

 
At 3/16/2006 07:41:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you my friend!!! Glad I can leave you a comment now...

You have always been a creative one, I have seen glimpses of it. Its cool that you have let down your wall enough to let it out for us all to see. You are a strong woman Dav. Keep pressing. The joy of the Lord resides in you!

- Ryan

 
At 3/17/2006 05:49:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ms. Pot - dont forget to post again soon! :) Hope you are doing well! Talk to you soon.

Ryan

 
At 3/21/2006 12:30:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Davelyn,
I want to call you back, but I don't have your phone number. Call me at KBM. Thanks.
David

 
At 5/24/2006 09:43:00 AM , Blogger Adani said...

Davey, you are creative. I LOVE YOUR ARTWORK. Don't squash that part of you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home