10.07.2005

Employed

Yes, the heading is true. I accepted a position at a local elementary school today. I will start on Tuesday being a reading aide. I'm excited partially about the job and partially about simply having a job. This has been a faith issue for me for about two months. God has always taken care of me financially, and this time is no different in that respect. However I learned through this that whether I am raising support or working for a company, the Lord is the one who takes care of my needs. I realized that through my time overseas I had grown bitter in my heart about raising support. I wanted to be in control. I didn't see that I was telling the Lord that I didn't trust Him and that His care for me was not good enough.
So, he is using this time to soften my heart and see his care for me from His perspective. He helped me release my expectations, my bottom line, ask for support, and let him care for me in whatever way He decides. It is still hard, I won't lie. I still fight the desire to be in control, especially in my attitude.

Birthday Update

My birthday came and went without too much trauma. My sister sent me some cool happy birthday balloons and fudge. It was great to get something so unexpected and undeserved. She really blessed my heart. Also my roommates took time to take me out to dinner to celebrate and listen to my difficult day. Thanks to all of you who called, emailed, and posted a comment with birthday wishes. I know I am loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home